February 29, 2012

Comforter and the Healer...

Pray for Healing and Comfort
Acts 3:6
Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I non; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
 
In years passed I knew no one close to me who had died, no one who was battling a terminal illness, and very few I knew who had lost loved ones. Since that time of innocence I've seen much loss, experienced my own heartache of terminal illness, and seen many broken by the unknown of why. In that time I've never felt as strong about helping the grieving as I do now. Not because of my own heartache but because of the revelation the Lord has given me through the Word.
 
We often pray for healing for the external need as Peter did in Acts and many others throughout the Word. But what about when those prayers are not answered? What happens to those who spend hours praying and never see the fruit of those prayers? 
 
I was praying about this the other day and God brought me back to my time of need of healing. We so often pray for the actual sickness in someones life and for a restoration of the body but Jesus said after He healed the sick and lame that they were made "whole". Makes me think that when we pray for the the sick and their needs sometimes there is some internal healing that needs to come too.
 
My heart goes out to those who are grieving the loss of a loved one and even those who know their days are few. We will never understand the reason of God for the Word even says "lean not unto your own understanding". In our own understanding we can't make sense of it all but when we lean on the comfort of the comforter and the healing of the healer we can get through the tough times. Go to the God who is the comforter and the healer... go to Jesus.
In a world that is filled with grief and sorrow we are in desperate need of the comforter and healer. Why both? Because without an internal healing we can't receive the comfort we so need and with out the true complete healing we can't get passed the reasons why.
Today when you are praying I ask for you to pray for the hurting in your life and for those who are deep in grief and can't get passed it. God brings us to our lowest places and shows Himself worthy in them, but we must pray that those who are angry don't allow themselves to put up a wall and never receive all they can from the Comforter.
 
Prayer is a powerful weapon that God gives us to use in battle. We know that in the last days that much sickness will come but that doesn't mean that we stop praying for the healer and comforter to work His miracles. God is in the healing business but sometimes we forget to pray for the WHOLE healing. Sometimes it is even us who needs the healing of internal for those who are hurting around us so that we can be the light of Christ in the mist of the trial.  

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...