January 28, 2010

No compromise…No hypocrisy

In my time here I've learned so much already. The people are so unique and even though some may find things they deal with as a struggle I look at them as being a positive thing. Please don't keep me to my exact history but the story line is the most important thing. Sweden at one time was ruled by the Catholic Church and its leader as we all know. The King decided that they were not going to be ran by the Pope and changed to be a protestant nation. At that time every person who was born was born into the Lutheran church, I believe it was, instead of being born into the Catholic Church. Well as you can imagine the people of Sweden have an idea of being a Christian as not being a relationship but just as it really is a religion. Since people in Sweden were born into a religion they were never able to be founded on the moral standings that America was built on. Even though some may think this is a negative thing that they will never open up to the Word of God that is not entirely true. The people here respond well to the Word of God as that is the only true thing that can change the heart.

During my conversations I've realized truly how amazing some of the lack of understanding is. Without the idea of what is morally right you have no ability to fight the common "but I'm a good person" response. Another thing is that people in Sweden do not like hypocrisy so that means there is no doing things just because that is what the pastor says. If people are going to make a stand for God they are going to do it with their whole heart meaning that the process that God intended takes place, from the inside out. How encouraging is that, as well as how uplifting and refreshing. We have found in the churches in the States and in Canada a sense of compromise as we say but really it isn't compromise it is hypocrisy. Being here I've realized how badly I don't want to be a part of that. As long as I'm true to my Lord and what I stand for that is what is going to be my salvation. Yes submission to my Pastor and his authority in my life is important and I will obey what he has for me but that is another thing that is different in Sweden. Here in Sweden people are treated as equals which is a good thing but a negative thing when you are trying to teach submission and authority. However, that is in the Word of God and the word of God speaks to the heart which changes, hence from the inside out.

I am encouraged today and excited to witness the things that God is going to do. It sounds like I will be going up into Falun, Sweden some time very soon and praise the Lord I am very excited about that. I can't wait to share with you the people that I meet and share the great things God is doing. I have realized that it isn't always about taking the step but holding God's hand through the whole walking process. With God we can't fail and that means that no matter what happens while I'm over here it will be exactly what God intends as long as I stay under His will.

So greetings from your overseas Sister. I will try to keep better updates but today was difficult being that nothing has really taken place but getting settled. Have a wonderful day as I am going to Bible Study and you are just starting your day. Lord bless you all and look for pictures starting on Saturday as I will be entering into the city! J

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...