January 13, 2010

Grandpa Fries...


There was a solider who went home...

I sit here today thinking about what my Grandpa Fries truly taught me. He was not a perfect man in fact he was truly the poster child for forgiveness and mercy. I look at his life and what he did and I wonder how a man so mean could turn into a man who was so in love with something besides himself.

As little as I knew Grandpa there is one thing I do know. He was a man who trusted in the Lord with his whole heart. Grandpa was not a perfect man but he was a changed man by his faith.

Some people have the love that is transparent in their work. Grandpa loved God with all his heart and soul. His work was God's work and his life God's life. I'm grateful today to have known him and will forever be thankful for what God did to change him.


Just a little tribute to one man who along with many has impacted my life.
I miss you so much but I also know that you are in a much better place.

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...