December 28, 2013

In the Presence of Jehovah...

As I was preparing for my class tomorrow, I was reminded of the importance of having true reverence for God. Not the kind of reverence that is only there because someone is watching you, but the kind of reverence that is there because you know God is watching you. The kind that is deep in your soul to please God and to show respect.

I remember a message that my cousin Nikki's husband preached when I was down in Ohio. It was a message that was on the anointing oil. He spoke regarding the church now and how important it is to make sure that everything that we use for God we should want to anoint. I remember him running around the church from the instruments to the pulpit to the pews speaking about praying over them and anointing them. That they were to be used only for God.

Today I am reminded of this very act and the importance of making sure that we remember the presence of God. To be reminded that we are always in His presence but how we should constantly be reminded of being in His presence especially in the house of God.

As a little girl I remember being told that the church was God's house and that you were to be on your best behavior. To this day I still make sure that I show respect in the house of God and that includes other churches. I always make sure to pick up things on the ground and find myself deeply bothered when the house of God is not picked up. To me how we take care of the house of God shows of how we look at who our God is and I want for people to know that my God is the King.

I want to make sure that in everything that I do I reflect who my Jesus is. As He flipped the tables and spoke with great authority in the temple against the thieves. Jesus shows to us that He desires for His house to be a house of prayer and a place where anyone can see that He is King.

As we find the coming of our Lord drawing near I find myself more eager for people to see who my Lord really is. That in His presence they can do more than just feel Him, they can see Him.

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...