April 24, 2012

Give of Your Talent...

Matthew 25:14-18

For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Last night while I vacuumed my house I was reminded of something. God has given us each a talent and it is our responsibility to use it. As I looked around my house I saw all the many little blessings God has given me.

Look around you. Do you see what God has blessed you with? If you were to really think about what God has blessed you with you might be surprised to realize that you don't share that with many people. I'm talking about the ability to do something everyday that will bless more then just you. Not what you can do in the church but what you can do outside the church doors.

Is your life a testimony of what talents God has given to you in a humble way? Do you use the abilities you have to give glory to God in every day situations? Can people see that you are using your talent and that there is just something special about what you do?

Think about what God has given you today. Take a look at your life and see if you are really using your talents for God. I'm not talking about in the church... I'm talking about in your day to day life. I'm talking about what you do when you are outside the church doors because we have all been commanded to go out and preach. Your life is what will preach and if you are using the talents God has given you... your life will preach to all nations, tribes, and tongues right in the comfort of your daily life.

Come on lets take a challenge!

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...