January 31, 2011

Doubting Thomas...

Today I was reminded of something that has opened my eyes. Thomas a man of God who was chosen by Christ as one of the 12 apostles, forever lives as the man of doubt. However, today while speaking to my friend about her own doubts in herself she reminded me of Thomas the train. A child’s cartoon character who continues to be known as the “I think I can” train.

I often have referred to him during conversations talking about how she can do it through Christ. The laughter of this character and his trying to make it up the hill quoting “I think I can...I think I can...I think I can”. Sometimes is what we are like while working up enough courage in ones self to make it up the hills and mountains of this life we live.

The apostle Thomas was also a man who doubted but who's one little doubt gave him the opportunity to see just how big Jesus was. His lack of faith in Jesus Christ rising from the dead had given him the opportunity to see the holes in the hands of God. To witness by sight those things we only believe by faith. Talk about God wanting to reassure His people.

Today as I was talking with my friend she told me that she is like Thomas and I forgetting about Thomas the train referred to the apostle Thomas. Whom prior to my Pastor bringing him up had never heard about doubting Thomas but knew the story of Thomas. I than said that she should put her fingers in the holes in His hands. After some confusion I realized something that has spoken directly to me today.

Thomas really doubted in the power of the Holy Spirit just as much as the manifestation of Christ in front of him. As we walk through this life going up and down the mountains of life do we doubt the power of Christ? If we doubt that we can make it over the hills or we doubt that we can get past the trials of the day are we really doubting God? Yes. When we doubt the power there of and deny the mighty God we serve and whom lives in us we truly just make Him out to be nothing more than human.

Today I’m overly excited to know that with every turn of life we know that we have a source of strength that is much more powerful than the ways of the wicked. That we know that no matter what takes place that if we trust in the source which gives us the ability to face each day as it comes that we will be over comers by the Word of the Lord.

I am changed, I am made new, and the strength in which I find new every morning is up in a strong tower. How do I get up there I praise my way up there... to be next to my King. Where sin does not abound and where purity is more than a white robe but a relationship with the most High God.

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...