April 15, 2008

Faith...


Sometimes I think that we make this short, little word out to be something so out of reach. Yet, we forget it is something we live by every day. Have you ever gotten into your car in the morning and said I better get out I might get into a car accident? Have you ever gone to work and said hmm I better leave because maybe this will be my last day to live? Have you ever gone out in the boat looking for the sun to set and it never did? Have you ever thought first before you sat down in a chair assuming it wouldn’t support you? Of course, not!

Seriously, how can we forget that God is doing things, everyday and all the time! We walk in faith that we can drive to work safely and that we will be driving back at the end of our day. We stand on faith that each day is a blessing from God and we will not live in fear. We marvel at the splendor of a sunset each day and watch the magnificence of its beauty as the bright orange, pink, red, purple and yellow fills the skies, every day. When we go somewhere and sit down, we just do it, having faith we’re not going to crash to the floor. God gives us a breathe every 5 seconds and we don’t have to even remind ourselves to breathe!

I was forced to come to this realization one day when everything seemed to not be going the way I felt it should. The easiest way for us to get down is to doubt what we know is God and what He wants of us. I have stood on a promise for almost 2 years now and each day I have to remind myself that God has everything under control. It doesn’t take much for people to make you doubt what God has told you and it doesn’t take much for your heart to be weighted down by a sense of inadequacy or confusion.

Faith … the word that is so easy to spell, write, and pronounce, but so hard to apply in our lives and often times so hard to stand on. God says that there is no greater faith than faith without seeing. I know it is difficult to believe that God has everything under control when your heart is breaking or your mind is confused, but He does. We can’t see what is going on in the spiritual realm, but the Bible tells an awesome story of the battle with the Prince of Persia. Stand strong! God heard your prayers THE FIRST TIME and His will SHALL BE DONE.

It has taken me 2 years to realize that God will not let me down. He has promised me things and I will stand firm. If I wasn’t adequate enough He wouldn’t have told me in the first place. Now don’t get me wrong I don’t deserve anything from God, but I will never get anywhere doubting Him.

I never want to hear Him say to me “yea of little faith”. I will stand strong with His promises looking towards the Heavens and praying for His will to be done. If it so happens that what I believe was said doesn’t come to pass then I will still stand on His promises and walk in the magnificent light of Christ.

Believe! Trust! Stand! God is ready to pour out His blessings, but sometimes we don’t stand still long enough for Him to catch up to us. Allow yourselves to listen to what he truly wants for you … and have faith that it will happen!

No comments:

Not Every Sorry...

 The other day I saw a post on Instagram that was so powerful to me. The picture said "Not every sorry... should be responded with a &q...